Wednesday, August 2, 2017

My Reason To Lose Those Extra Pounds - When are you due?

"When are you due?"
"Excuse Me?"
"You are pregnant, right?"
"Ummm No, I have a 2-year-old girl and not planning anything right now."
Some embarrassing smiles and the conversation ended right there.


That was a scene from my life, a few months back. I was new at my work. I was in the cafeteria billing queue, holding a  plate full of spaghetti and fried chicken and fruits. Another girl, who was on the same project, was standing right before me with a salad bowl. After the conversation, which ended abruptly, she paid for her salad as fast as she could and ran away from there. I was left alone with a heavy-heart wondering what just happened!

I came back to my desk and googled 'how to react if someone has mistaken by your belly size, that you are pregnant?' I got lots of results. That was a little comforting to know that I am not alone. I read that we should love our body the way it looks. My body did an incredible job when I gave birth to my baby. I should pat myself for that and believe in myself. After reading a few article, I was again feeling all better and proud. I finished my meal with a smile and was happy that I ordered those crispy chicken.  

Now, a little bit about myself.  I am Indian, Bengali, a Foodie and a Mom. Well, that defines who I am! Being an Indian, I love rice, spices, ghee. Being a Bengali, I love potatoes and lots and lots of sweets. Being a Foodie, I love to add something special to each of my meals. Before each meal, I get a vision what exactly I want to eat. Is that what you called a craving? Then yes, I am a Born Pregnant. Yummy food can make me happy and a salad bowl can turn me all Grumpy. And now comes the best part. Being a Mom, I eat all my kid's leftovers. I don't eat on time and eat whenever I have time. Before my daughter was born, I was told to eat for two. After my daughter was born, I was told to eat more to heal up fast and produce lots and lots of breast milk. Well, I did, I listened to everybody!

The outcome is here,  after 2 years, I couldn't stop eating. I ended up in a queue of voracious eaters and 6-months-pregnant-belly. So, that's me! Did something similar happen to you? Congratulations! You have already moved a step ahead on the way to losing those extra pounds.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Justin Bieber, Gold Price in India