Monday, September 18, 2017

A Lipstick or a Smile - What you wearing?

I am not a Lipstick person. I love colors. But somehow, I don't like it much on my lips. It is said that they can tell a lot about you from your Lipstick Color. Well, what can they tell if you are not wearing any? Let me guess, "LAZY?"

I have always wondered how the lipstick stays so perfect and intact for some people. Do they eat or drink? Do they breathe?  If I put on a Lipstick and I promise myself not to smack my lips or get tempted by the fruity flavors to lick my lips, I can make it for an hour. After that, I always wondered, "How it gets vanished?" If it disappears totally, I feel better. But for most of the time, it stays there half naked to mock my inefficiency. So, my answer is 'don't wear a Lipstick if you can't pull it off'.

However, I get attracted to the lovely display of colors at the Makeup aisle in the stores. I don't wear it often. Still, I get drawn to those colors. I always wondered "WHY"? I think a Lipstick is the best way to fake fancy. A little color on lips can speak a volume. This weekend, I stopped again in one of that colorful aisle in a store. But, this time, my soon-to-be-three-year-old girl accompanied me. She was way more excited than me, seeing all those pretty shades of pink and purple. She assumed that we were doing crayon-shopping for her.  She loves colors. For a few days, she is doing a lot of paintings. Oh Yeah, if you can call this an art!
She was running up and down the aisle choosing colors and I had to tell her that it’s not for her, but for Mamma. She was surprised and disappointed. She narrowed her eyes and asked, “ You want to do color Mamma?”I replied “No, this color is not for paper. I will put it on here” and I touched my lips.Assuming that I touched my teeth, she inquired wide-eyed “This is your toothbrush?” I was busy looking for some lip color and I just replied “NO” without paying much attention to her. She poked me and asked again “This is your toothpaste?”
I just snorted and that did not discourage her. She thought for a moment and asked again “You are going to eat that Mamma?” 

I understood that unless I answer her inquisitive mind, I had no rescue. So, I showed her a picture and explained: "See, I have to put this on my lips like this". She assimilated the new piece of information and asked with all her innocence "Why Mamma"? I opened my mouth to answer and I stopped uncertain. Shall I tell her "to look pretty" when she believes that she has to wear a smile on her lips to look pretty? 
Hundreds of thoughts, questions, and answers clouded my mind in those few seconds when she was looking at me for an answer and I was all silent. Finally, I gathered all my wit and responded nervously and expecting more interrogations "Lipstick is like a Lollipop for big girls. It can bring a smile on our face even when we are sad. A smile is all that is needed to look pretty". She just nodded her head and replied "Oh! Okay" with a smile, as if she knew that answer long before and went back to her own world of running down the aisle. 
I felt so relieved getting off the hook from my daughter's series of questions. I smirked to myself as I realized "Why I get drawn to those colors when I don't wear it often".

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Justin Bieber, Gold Price in India