Monday, October 30, 2017

Netflix Shows - My Super-Sensitive 3 year's Favorite

"Deep in the hundred Acre Wood, where Christopher Robin Plays,
You'll find the enchanted neighbourhood, of Christophers Childhood Days!"
Underneath a beautiful "Apple Sauce" sky, there was a green carpet. It was skillfully decorated with flowers and butterflies and there started the story with "Once Upon a Time..." Yes, that's how "Pooh's Hefallump Movie" started. My three-year-old daughter was sitting silently with me and her Dad. I somehow managed to convince her to stop watching her favorite "Wheels on the bus goes round and round..." and give the movie a try. It started with a background narration and the beautiful wood, sunshine, birds and how everyone was happy like "Tumbly full of Honey". Then the background voice goes Deeper to describe how everything got changed when "The Stranger Came" and there was a backdrop Trumpet sound. My daughter shudder "what's that?" she asked with an alarm. I told her "Its nothing, it's an Elephant". She moved closer to me. The movie continued with cute Pooh sleeping and again another Trumpet which startled sleeping Pooh and my wide-awake daughter equally. We had to turn it off in 4 minutes when my daughter started crying shutting her eyes and ears. 

My daughter spends her whole day in a school. After coming back home in the evening, she eats her dinner and then after some play- study-color sessions, she takes her bath. Next, she gets her screen time. She watches her regular "ABCD" songs while we finish our dinner. She always favors her nursery rhymes and I am so tired listening to the same songs for years. I wanted to introduce some new shows, but nothing works out since she is too frightened watching those alone or even with us. So, her Netflix shows are restricted to only those which "makes Oli laugh laugh" (Oli is my daughter's nickname).

So, here goes my super-sensitive daughter's favorite shows on Netflix for 2-3 years of age group:

1. Little Baby Bum:
Little Baby Bum (also known as LBB) is a Youtube channel for kids of lower age group. This channel portrays the traditional nursery rhymes in 3D animation videos which are very colorful and entertaining. 

2. HooplaKidz:
HooplaKidz is another YouTube series and an educational website for pre-school kids. In Netflix, this show has only 1 Episode and we watched it again and again.

3. Mother Goose Club:
Mother Goose Club is the first show she started watching in Netflix which involves some humans, though the songs are the same old Nursery Rhymes. The kids sing and dance with the old nursery rhymes and my daughter also stands up and tries to imitate the big kids. She looks at them as her role model, surprised by their dancing skills and how beautifully they sing.In Netflix, there are only 2 Seasons and we have watched it several times.

4. Word Party:
Word Party is Netflix Original and the 3rd Season is added recently. It stars four young animals, "Kip" a Wallaby, "Bailey" an Elephant, "Franny" a Cheetah, and "Lulu" a Panda. The songs are super catchy and my daughter just giggles and dance when they are having a "Word Party" after they learn some new words. There is a Tickety Clock which tells what time it is and the adorable kids act accordingly. They just love to sing, dance and play. There is no adventure or anything scary and loved by my daughter.

4. Sarah and Duck:
Sarah and Duck is the adventures of Sarah, a little girl with a green hat and her best friend Duck. There is a background voice which narrates the story, talks to Sarah and her Duck. The adventures are fun and not at all scary. There is 2 Season in Netflix. I too like watching the small episodes and can't stop myself from giggling.  

5. The Very Hungry Caterpillar and Other Stories:
This series is just like the Book by Eric Carle. The first story is about a green baby caterpillar which hatches from an egg. He is very hungry and eats a huge quantity of food. He does not feel well. So he spins a cocoon in which he remains for the following two weeks. Later, the caterpillar emerges as a bright and beautiful butterfly which looks just gorgeous. The series looks quite different from the other shows. It is like a beautiful painting. I was not expecting my daughter to like it. But, she liked it somehow and was quite worried about the green little caterpillar. 

6. Pocoyo:
This small episode animated series is recently added to my daughter's watchlist. The main character of this series is a small boy "Pocoyo" who wears blue clothes. He is accompanied by a pink elephant "Elly", a yellow duck named "Pato" and a "Loula" a puppy. There is a background narration voice which speaks over the entire show. The stories are all about their day-to-day life and how things are going on with or around the super energetic Pocoyo.



2 comments:

lifeofthefattyd said...

My nephew loves hooplakidz before! He's mad crazy about it. I might the other shows you shared. Thanks!!

Oindrila Sen said...

Thank You! If he is a sensitive child like my daughter, he may like these shows and I will keep on adding if my daughter's watch list grows further.

Post a Comment

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Justin Bieber, Gold Price in India