Wednesday, January 17, 2018

Her Poop Tale

My three-year-old daughter is amazing. Well, take a peek at any mom's heart and you will see a similar feeling. And, it is unquestionably true. A new-born baby is a master in 4 areas - feed, pee, poo, and cry. Sometimes, it just wonders me how fast a child learns. How their intelligence works and how perfect is the blend of their imagination and innocence!

Turning three was really a big deal for my daughter. She started telling everyone she meets "I am three years old. I am Big". She eats three cookies since she is three. At bedtime, she insists on reading three books. She believes she has three pairs of green socks since she is three years old.  In a nutshell, in this universe, anywhere if it is written three its only because she is three years old. 


She has her own set of beliefs. Whatever she hears, she interprets that in her own way. At times, she challenges my intelligence and leaves me tongue-tied. Like the other day, she made a serious face and reminded me "Mamma, you should share your things" when I was trying to put on a lipstick and I refused to put it on her lips even after her repeated plea. 


But today, I wanted to share a different story that annoys me and makes me giggle at the same time.  My darling daughter believes that everything has a life and a routine like hers, even her poop


Disclaimer: This post may get gross and it is my humble plea not to picture any of the moments.


A few days before she turned three, I went to her school to drop her in the morning. Her class teacher asked me to wait for some time and handed me a note that says: 

"Congratulations! Shreyanvi is now potty trained and is eligible to get promoted to the preschool.
Any parent would know how exciting it feels when a child reaches a milestone. Apparently, I was delighted.  But, I always have my doubts. Initially, once she was declared "potty-trained" she found it exciting to explore any public toilet. Whenever we were out for lunch or shopping and we reached the destination, she declared proudly "I wanna go pee pee, Mamma". Maybe she wanted to reveal to everyone that she is no more on Diapers. Whatever may be the reason, I was disgusted to visit each and every loo I came across. That's why I started a routine for her.  Once she wakes up in the morning, she has to brush her teeth, eat her breakfast and then sit in her toilet seat before heading out. Most of the mornings, she sits there for almost half an hour, doing nothing. Soon, it became the best part of her day. She sits there and sings her rhymes happily. She does her ABCs and counting. She tells stories and expects her only listener(that's me) to laugh and participate. 

One morning, I looked at the watch and got really impatient and yelled "Hurry Up! Or you will reach your school tomorrow!" She replied immediately with an innocent face "My PooPoo is still sleeping, Mamma!" Although I was a little irritated, I could not suppress my smile. I wiped out my smile and responded, "So, wake her up Or you will be late!

She made a serious face and with a heavy voice, she scolded "PooPoo, WAKE UP AND COME FAST. I AM WAITING FOR YOU!" Surprisingly, her "poopoo" complied. She was overwhelmed and proud of herself. She had hundreds of questions thereafter.  "My PooPoo is a Girl or a Boy?" "Where is my PooPoo's mummy-daddy?" "When is her Birthday?" 

Then onwards, every morning, she still sits there for almost half an hour. She still tells her stories. But now, in between, she calls and talks with her poop and updates me on the different status like - "Still sleeping", or "brushing teeth" or "doing play play", even "eating bread"! Some days, she insists on rewarding her Poop with some stickers. Some other days she is angry with her poop, so I have to carry on the conversation. Well, that is parenting and it has its own perks.When my daughter's imagination goes wild, I just wait there and repeat:

💩"In my world, everyone's a pony and they all eat rainbows and poop butterflies" 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Justin Bieber, Gold Price in India