Thursday, August 17, 2017

Lemon-Honey Water - A Magic Potion

"When life gives you a lemon, make a lemonade".
I say, instead of lemonade, make some warm lemon water and gulp it down with some honey. Hey, it's tasty and it has got so many health benefits!
When I was a kid, my mom used to hand me a glass of warm lemon honey water, after I woke up in the morning. That time, I was very prone to catch a cold and it is loaded with Vitamin C.Also, I was not allowed to have Tea/Coffee. So, lemon-honey water was really a great substitute.
The main three ingredients of lemon-honey- water is Lemon, Honey, and some warm Water. Each of the components proves to be super-food for your body. But what the combo does is magical. The medical terms do not make much sense to me. So, I interpreted the benefits, my way.
Boost Immunity and Make Mamma Happy :
I used to drink lemon water during my childhood since my mom wanted to boost my immunity. Lemons are high in vitamin C, which is great for fighting colds. Honey reduces a cough and throat irritation. As per research, “Lemons are very high in bioflavonoids that destroy harmful free radicals that damage blood vessels and cause inflammation.” Well, that's some heavy stuff! But, I liked the taste and my mom was happy to offer something healthy. So it was a win-win for both of us. And now, when my Toddler coughs, a honey stick or a honey pop or just a spoon of honey soothes her throat and gives her some relief at night.
Lose Fat and Lose Your Age:
I think a lean person looks much younger than an overweight person of same age. What do you think? There were plenty of reasons for me to lose those extra pounds. To look fit and young is definitely the primary one. You can check my stories of losing those extra pounds. I included Lemon-Honey water in my diet. It is believed that if you drink some warm water in the morning, it will kick your metabolic rate that means the rate at which your body is burning calories. 'Burning Calories' always rings a bell and if it happens by sipping something tasty, I am IN. Lemons even help to decrease cholesterol and triglycerides.
Radiant Skin and Glowing You:
It is believed that lemon helps in producing Collagen and Collagen is responsible for a glowing healthy skin. Honey is a natural moisturizer. So, the lemon-honey duo is pretty amazing for skin.
Assist Digestion and Energized You:
Warm water, in the early morning, is beneficial to flush out the toxins from your body. Lemon adds a refreshing flavor and tangy taste. Honey makes it yummy,  adding some more benefits. The warm water serves to stimulate the gastrointestinal tract and peristalsis—the waves of muscle contractions within the intestinal walls that keep things moving. Lemons and limes are also high in minerals and vitamins and help loosen toxins, in the digestive tract. Overall, the digestive qualities of lemon juice help to relieve symptoms of indigestion, such as heartburn, belching and bloating.
It is believed that there are many other rewarding benefits that a glass of warm lemon honey water can do! It cleanses your liver, balances pH, reduces stress and so on. But, I just love the refreshing smell of lemon. It can be your first step to a healthy lifestyle. It tastes good. It smells good and it does good to your body. After extracting the juice from the lemon, I just scrub the lemon zest and the skin for a clear skin.
So, A lemon a day keeps all the toxins away!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Justin Bieber, Gold Price in India